Gilson Road, Kent Street, Tilden Road, Turner Road, Cobb Lane, Hatherly Road, Damon Road, are traveled daily by Scituate residents. So familiar are these streets that their origins are sometimes forgotten. Those names and many more can be traced to the 1620’s, some back to the Mayflower, and most back to Kent, England. Known locally as “The Men of Kent”, these were the founders of the Town of Scituate. They and their descendants contributed to the nearly 400 years of the town’s history, they fought in every one of our country’s wars, built businesses, established industries, and farmed the soil. The Men of Kent Cemetery, the oldest in the town of Scituate, cradles their bones. The Street names honor their memory.